Out of State Shopper, Fear Not:
The entire team at Columbia Motors would like to encourage you. Enjoy a trip to Portland, Oregon! We would be happy to pick you up from the Portland International Airport. We love our city and can give you tips on great hotels and dinners, hiking destinations or even a trip to the coast. Portland is a great city to visit, with many attractions that stand year-round.
More and more people are buying vehicles that have not been seen first-hand and are located out-of-state, looking for the best options, pricing, and availability. Trends of buyers are expanding internationally for specific types of vehicle that satisfy their driving needs. If you are looking to be a customer and considering to buy a vehicle out-of state, don't be alarmed. Columbia Motors sells about 35% of vehicles to out-of-state customers and many are not seen first-hand by the customer! Our staff is trained and equipped to facilitate all out-of-state transactions to ensure a hassle-free experience.
We will gladly send close-up photos, shoot a video and talk you through every detail of the car, so you can be confident in your decision. To start the process, please call our staff to ensure priority. Every vehicle is available until paid in full, unless you leave a non-refundable deposit to hold the car.
Our staff is here to answer any additional questions or to take a deposit on a vehicle of your choice. Call (503) 972-1996
More to Consider:
Confidence - All of our used vehicles qualify for out-of-state Service and Warranty options. Purchasing a warranty allows you to take the vehicle to a service department of your choice in ANY state of America. Buy our used cars with confidence.
Taxes - There is no sales tax in Oregon. However, here is what you need to know:
- If you are from another state that collects sales tax. Taxes are based on where you register the car, not where you buy it.
- If you purchase your vehicle outright, we provide you with the title and documents for you to transfer ownership in to your name.
- If you finance your vehicle, we collect your state's estimated sales tax and provide you with instructions to help you with the next steps in registering your car. We are also happy to inform our customers that we can now process registration for all our WA clients.
Registration & Title - Our staff is trained in DMV rules to assist in the transaction, but it’s important for you to understand your state requirements.
- If your home state requires a smog certification or emission testing, this is your responsibility.
- We provide temporary permits to allow you to drive the car until you visit your Motor Vehicle Department to finalize your registration.